Sunday, August 26, 2012

Green Lantern John Stewart: Why Are You Here?

Okay so this blog post has been on my mind for quite some time and I honestly want to give my views and opinion on the Green Lantern John Stewart Character. He is the First black Superhero for DC Comics and the third black hero in comic book history after black panther and falcon of Marvel Comic Fame. He's an architect and a war veteran from Detroit, Michigan and is The replacement of Green Lantern Guy Gardner after Guy got injured due to an accident. Or so that was the story in issue 87 in which John made his debut. In later issues say issue 183 I believe, the origin in which John becomes the apart of the Green Lantern Corps. is completely different because in that issue, Hal Jordan quits the Corps and the Guardians need a replacement and choose John.



           So right there that left me with a WTF moment. Then later on he shows up not only in comics but on tv on a Justice league cartoon show and for some reason he's on trial for murder and has to relinquish his ring, but apparently in the comics he still has his ring and then in LATER issues (I.e.. Last year before The New 52) there is a war of the lanterns and he gets caught and held hostage with other GL's and his way of escape is by Killing Another GL (WTF Moment #2) and then in The New 52, He's being put on Trial for Murder AGAIN!!!!! Really Dude? Man some reputation this guy has. Oh before I forget, during the War of the Lanterns Story Arc, this Nigga blows up Mogo. For those of you who don't know who or what that is that is the being that gives rings to new wearers that will become apart of the Green Lantern Corps. This guy is crazy, a rash thinker, and honestly? I believe he is a waste of ink.



My view and opinion on this guy is that I don't believe that he deserves a movie, Hell I believe this guy shouldn't even be around. The only reason he's around is because DC didn't wanna be outdone by Marvel so they Made John Stewart. He suppose to be DC's answer to Marvel's Black Panther and Falcon, or Black Panther and Goliath depending on who you ask. My point is this, Co-Host of Nerdgasm Noire Network, Operation Cubicle and Character Select JP Fairfield or Isitis on twitter had gone on a Lil rant on an episode on Character Select. The reason for her rant was that Ryan Reynolds was going to play Batman when they reboot it (this is something I'm saving for another blog post) and she went on to say if they're going reboot batman and have him as Batman, then she better get her John Stewart Green Lantern Movie along with some other movies featuring heroes of color.




 My answer to that is this, I don't wanna see a movie about him, I don't care about John Stewart and IF they do a movie then I would like it to be a joke because that is what I see him as. So my vision of the movie is that I would like Tyler Perry and the People that did batman and robin in '97 to do it and I would like to see the role of John Stewart to be played by non other than actor Marlon Waynes and then have Ryan Reynolds do cameos as Hal Jordan just for the fuck of it. This is one Hero of Color I could do without and if I offended anyone who is a fan of the John Stewart Green Lantern Character then I apologize to you but as for me? I could do without him and if you wanna put it on an even bigger scale I could do without Green Lantern in General because there are so many of them and not to mention that there are different color lanterns just as well that that whole world is confusing and convoluted and just flat out boring to me.

So if you are a Lantern fan don't take it personal I'm just venting because this universe of heroes is just... MEH to me.

This is the part where I would give shout outs but I'm just gone say go to the links on the side and tell them that The Black Chivalrous Nerd sent you.

Peace, Blessings and I'm Signing Off

No comments:

Post a Comment